Saturday 13 September 2014

When I'm not working with stunning brides...

I often get asked what I do when I am not working with the gorgeous brides that book me so I thought it would be a nice opportunity for you to get to know the woman behind the make-up and also get a glimpse into my other make-up world.

During the bridal season I am usually swamped with either weddings or bridal trials and as I love being busy and meeting new people, I am in my element but during the week days and the winter months things can be quite slow so I also work with various UK based photographers and fashion designers to create amazing images, some to graze the pages of some of your favourite magazines and some purely because they want to create some beautiful images.

Recently I worked on a fantastic fashion collection by an up and coming designed called Lisha Fantus. This was an amazing experience as the shoot was at a Gothic Church in the centre of Nottingham and I got to work with the amazing Elspeth Van Der Hole and some other amazing creatives and models. The images are yet to be released as they have not yet been published but here is a little taster of what we acheived...


In my spare time I tend to be very make-up orientated and can often spend hours trying out different looks or new techniques on myself and I will also spend time preparing for upcoming shoots by creating face charts and researching themes and looks to ensure that I stay as current as I can.

Don't get me wrong, my life does not completely revolve around make-up and most of the time I can be seen wandering around with very little make-up on. I love how much make-up can transform a person and it is a great form of art and expression.

Another form of art and expression I enjoy is music. Those that know me will be aware of the fact that when I was younger I wanted nothing more than to be a singer, I even got to record my own single with the very talented Chris Sutton but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. Since then I have been in various different bands and could usually be found at the local karaoke. I am now one half of Oklahoma Sunrise, which is a country duo made up of myself and a very talented man with an acoustic guitar (Jim) - I am hoping that one day I can accompany him with my guitar but I have still got a long way to go before being anywhere near playing in public.

Well, that's pretty much it about me and what I get up to in my make-up and non make-up life, if you would like to know anything else please feel free to ask :)

All the best,

Haley x

No comments:

Post a Comment